Philip Goldberg on Spiritual Practice for Crazy Times (#120)
In this episode, we discuss:
- Co-sustaining spiritual practice and effective social action.
- Tips for carving out time for practice/ finding your core practice.
- Yogananda’s balanced, spiritual and responsible life.
- Sacred citizenship vs. the myth of rugged individuality.
- Practice as a wellspring for creativity.
- Harnessing imagination in the service of recognizing modes of our own experience.
- Knowledge of theory as it contributes to experience in practice.
Philip Goldberg has been studying the world’s spiritual traditions for more than 45 years. He is the author or co-author of some 25 books published in more than a dozen languages. His book American Veda was named by Huffington Post and Library Journal as one of the Top 10 Religion Books of 2010; it was followed in 2018 by the popular biography The Life of Yogananda. He blogs on Spirituality & Health and cohosts the Spirit Matters podcast.