Swami Swatmananda on Diwali, Vedanta & Shiva (#123)
In this episode, we discuss:
- Invocation as a tool to invoke the divinity from within us.
- The celebration of Diwali and the purpose of celebrating festivals.
- Idols as means to connect to the God within us.
- Chanting mantra, contemplating deeper truths, and the main sadhana of Kali Yuga.
- The many names of Shiva – infinite expressions of infinite glories.
- How to understand karma and taking responsibility for your life.
- Spiritual practices for facing challenging times with strength and clarity.
Swami Swatmananda is one of the most dynamic leaders of the Chinmaya Mission. An Acharya of Chinmaya Mission-South Mumbai, he completed the Vedanta Course from Powai from 1998-2000. He has been serving in Chinmaya Mission Mumbai since 2000. He expounds the philosophy of Advaita Vedanta through talks on the Bhagavad Geeta, Upanishads, and other texts of Vedanta & bhakti through camps, meditation retreats, interactive sessions, and discussions for youth & adults. Chinmaya Pradeep is one of its kind outdoor Vedantic Vision Park based on the life and teachings of Swami Chinmayananda at Powai, Mumbai. He has conceptualized and executed it. He is also a playwright and has written and directed two theatrical performances. “Adrshya – Quest for the Unseen” based on Saraswati Civilization & Developed India was written and directed by him in 2009. 9 shows of Adrshya have been performed by Chinmaya Yuva Kendra Mumbai in Mumbai, Pune, Allahabad, and Chennai. “Just Like That”- A play based on the Bhagavad Geeta in the life of Anand-Family and how they discover harmony by applying the principles of Geeta was written and directed by him in 2015. 6 shows of the play have been performed in Mumbai, Pune, Chennai. His simplicity, foresight, peaceful nature, and balanced approach endear him to everyone. Swami Swatmananda can be reached through his social media handle @ChinmayaShivam or “Chinmaya Shivam” on Youtube, Instagram, FB, Twitter, Podomatic, Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, Google podcast & LinkedIn.