Tracee Stanley on Yoga Nidra (#127)
In this episode we discuss:
- The philosophy of yoga nidra, the goddess of yoga nidra and the four states of consciousness.
- Yoga nidra as a state and as a systematic guided relaxation.
- Obstacles to rest in our culture.
- Working with trauma and the importance of safety in moving toward rest.
- The science of yoga nidra, accessing the place of healing and rejuvenation.
- The relationship between liminal space and creativity
- How to set up a supportive yoga nidra nest.
Tracee Stanley was introduced to the practice of yoga nidra in 2001. She immediately recognized it as a healing salve for the world and began to incorporate it into her life and her yoga teaching.
She left her high-stress career as a Hollywood film producer to delve deeper into the study of the practices that were empowering and rejuvenating her, so she could share them with others.
With over 20 years of experience practice and teaching in the Himalayan Tradition, Tantra and Sri Vidya, she also understands the demands of life as an entrepreneur, wife, and stepmom. Her effortless way of sharing ancient teachings in accessible ways is her superpower.
She travels extensively to offer yoga nidra, meditation, self-inquiry, teacher trainings and workshops.
As a gift to all of our listeners, Tracee is offering a 30% discount on her book “Radiant Rest” which is now on pre-order from the publisher’s site with the code RR30 until 3/31/21. at https://www.shambhala.com/radiant-rest.html.