About the Guest
Diane Dreher, Ph.D., is a bestselling author, researcher, and positive psychology coach. Her books, The Tao of Inner Peace, The Tao of Personal Leadership, The Tao of Womanhood, Inner Gardening, and Your Personal Renaissance, have been translated into ten languages and her work has been featured in media outlets including USA Today, Entrepreneur, Redbook, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Science of Mind, radio and TV talk shows, and websites on leadership and personal growth.
Dreher has a Ph.D. in Renaissance English literature from UCLA as well as a Master’s Degree in Counseling. She is a HeartMath clinical practitioner and a Professional Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation. Her research on positive psychology and hope has been published online and in academic books and journals. She is currently professor emerita and associate director of the Applied Spirituality Institute at Santa Clara University and a lecturer in the Positive Psychology Guild in the United Kingdom.
In this Episode, We Discuss:
- The fundamental principles of Taoism.
- Nature and the wisdom of the Tao within and around us.
- Watching and waiting, the radical act of Wu Wei.
- Religious Taoism and Taoism as a philosophy.
- Spiritual practices of the Tao, cultivating the balance of Tao in daily life.
- The Tao of now, Taoist Politics and conflict resolution.
- Reducing stress and anxiety with the Tao.
Read an excerpt from THE TAO OF INNER PEACE by Diane Dreher: Beginning the Journey: Tao Te Ching
Episode Sponsor: Symposium on Yoga Therapy and Research (SYTAR)
Quotes from the Episode